Due to the generosity of its alumni, the Political Science Department is annually able to award scholarships to highly qualified Political Science majors. These scholarships are awarded in the late Spring, and require that interested students submit a single “standard” application that will enable them to be considered for all scholarships.
- Peter S. Borsay Memorial Scholarship
- W.E. Chilton III Scholarship
- James F. Dent Scholarship
- Robert DiClerico Scholarship in Democratic Institutions and Public Leadership
- Robert C. Frasure Memorial Scholarship in International Affairs
- James Gabriel Fellowship
- League of Women Voters of WV / Becky Cain Scholarship
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Maiolo Scholarship
- Philip V. McGance Fellowship
- John Ransel Romine ‘44 Award in Political Science
- Thomas M. Ryan Memorial Scholarship
- John R. Williams Scholarship
- C. Stephen Wolfe Scholarship for Study of the American Presidency
Applications are typically distributed during Spring Semester and are usually due in early April. Watch this site for announcements for the 2012 scholarships. For a copy of a past application form, click here to download the Scholarship Application Form.
The Department also has a long record of achievement in prestigious national and international awards, i.e., the Rhodes, Truman, and Marshall Scholarships. Political Science Professor Robert DiClerico serves as the University’s advisor to these scholarships.